Monday, November 2, 2009

The Girls

This was a quick sketch I did of the studio girls on Friday. Originally I only had one figure the closest one, Katie. However, my teacher suggested the second figure in the background. It really helped the composition and turned a failing sketch into something with depth and interest. I was starting to get the values on the face with the closest figure, but I was still having some trouble. Now I am going to go over the lines in color and develop the figures and background more fully. I think this is a good way to expand my portfolio and get back to basics.

2 comments:

  1. There is a freshness about this casual moment. Lets do more and see if tou can develop into a major work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha. Im surprise Em stood still long enough for you to get her. I love this, the scratchy lines and suggestion of things that arent there. Do more!

    ReplyDelete